How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Cowgirl Lawyer Your Own Question
Cowgirl Lawyer
Cowgirl Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 1422
Experience:  Attorney for 22 years, criminal defense, from misdemeanors to murder, trials and appeals.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Cowgirl Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I have a pending criminal court case and the court did not

Customer Question

If I have a pending criminal court case and the court did not take my passport can I still fly to another country or am I put into a system somewhere?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Cowgirl Lawyer replied 7 years ago.

If you are out on bail bond pending trial, then your bail conditions may limit your pre-trial travel. Before you travel anywhere you should review your bail paperwork thoroughly to determine if you are under any pre-trial restrictions (which are fairly common).

I will be happy to clarify my answer if you need me to do so, or give you further explanation if you need me to do so.

If not, please click ACCEPT to pay Just Answer and me for helping you. Your positive feedback wins me points and costs you but a moment of time. A "bonus" awards me for an especially good job.

Next time you visit Just Answer, please ask for me by name by starting your question with "For Gloria M."

Good luck and best wishes!

Gloria M

IMPORTANT: I am not your attorney, and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not responsible for your legal rights. I am an experienced attorney licensed in Illinois, but I do not hold myself out as an "expert" in any area of law (Illinois does not recognize such attorney specializations). Any representation to the contrary by JustAnswer is in error. My function here is to provide education to the public so that people can understand the law and learn what they can do. If you accept my answer, you are accepting educational information. Please remember that this is a public forum and anything you discuss here is not protected by attorney-client privilege. Do not take any action or fail to take action based upon our discussion here. You should consult with an attorney in your area for specific advice relevant to your situation.