Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Knowledgeable in the subject matter.
1723468

A few months ago, I stupidly told an ex boyfriend that I was

A few months ago, I stupidly told an ex boyfriend that I was arguing with that " if I had a gun I'd shoot myself" I didn't have a gun, I was just hurt and angry. He called the police who showed up in force at my house and took me to the hospital. I was released after talking to a doctor. My question, will this incident show up on an employment background check?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 7 years ago.
No. Since you were not convicted of any criminal offenses it will not show up in any back grounds check. Further you were not arrested, but rather the police took you to the hospital, this is not a criminal matter, so it would not appear in any background check.

Please click accept, it is greatly appreciated. To request me for future questions, please begin your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

_______________________________________________

Please Note: My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. No part of this disclaimer can be copied or reproduced without the express consent of the owner [lawNinvest]. Thank you.