How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry Esquire Your Own Question
Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide general practice and mediation & arbitration services to my clients.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Dimitry Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was arrested for violating CA penal code section 647(f) and

Resolved Question:

I was arrested for violating CA penal code section 647(f) and spent 9 hours
at the jail . I need to appear at court. The offense
occured on Halloween night in Mountain View, CA, there was a lot of people
around (mostly in costume) and I lost track of where my friends were at.
The cop that arrested me and took me to station. They didn't took any blood test and breath test. I have no prior offenses (clean record) as well as a clean
driving record. My friends and I arrived via taxi so I had no intentions of
driving home that night. Do I need an attorney to get a copy of the police
report? Do I need legal representation? I am on an extremely tight budget
right now so not having that extra expense will be beneficial if possible.
What are the chances that I can get my record expunged? Again, other than
this offense I have a clean record.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 7 years ago.
I am sorry to hear that you are in such a situation.

1. No, you do not need an attorney to get a copy of the police report. You can contact the police dept in about 3-4 days (the reports are not available right away), and request a copy of it.
2. I suggest you do consult with an attorney. Although most of the time 647(f) is merely a fine without jail time, since it is a misdemeanor, it goes on your record. You may try to see if an attorney can help plead you down to a lower (summary) offense where you would have to pay a fine but it will not appear on your record.


Dimitry Alexander Kaplun, Esq.
Dimitry Esquire and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you