How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD Your Own Question
JD, Criminal Justice Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 1335
Experience:  Over 11 years of practice in litigation including 10 years as a state prosecutor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband was paroled from Colorado State Pen on 7/16/2008

This answer was rated:

My husband was paroled from Colorado State Pen on 7/16/2008 and turned over to the US Marshal to go clean up his Fed Sentence. His parole papers say he is off Colorado on July 16, 2010. He is due to get out of Fed Prison on May 18, 2010. We don't live in CO any more. Do we need to hire an attorney to ask CO to terminate his parole instead of making him go back to CO for 2 months, with no home or job to go to?

Have you made contact with his assigned parole officer? If not, have you made contact with the parole department to find out what their attitude on this issue is? I doubt they will have the authority to excuse the time, but they may have the ability to transfer or otherwise supervise him from a distance in that 60 day time period.


Start with that... if you cannot get anywhere with the parole department then contact the prosecutor who handled his cases in Colorado and see about an agreed sentence modification. If all else fails then you may have to resort to hiring an attorney to file a petition to modify the sentence or for early discharge from the sentencing court. It shouldn't be very expensive but you may be able to avoid it by simply making your own calls.


Please reply if I can help further.



Remember to click ACCEPT only when you are satisfied with your answers. This is how we get paid for our time with your questions. I would also appreciate any positive feedback you could provide. If you are not satisfied then please reply to me so I can further assist you or find someone else to help. I am not your attorney. Therefore no attorney-client relationship exists and any communications on this website are not subject to the attorney-client privilege. For this reason, please do not divulge any personal information and use this site only for hypothetical questions. This forum is for general questions and answers and I cannot provide you with applicable law or legal opinions or advice in your jurisdiction. Please seek the advice of a competent attorney in your jurisdiction. While I can answer general questions and discuss general legal principles, I cannot give you legal advice in your state. The internet is a great place to get general information but should not be seen as a substitute for the attorney-client relationship or the services of a good lawyer in your state.

JD and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you