How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27751
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if the allege person was 36 years old at the time of the aggravated

Customer Question

if the allege person was 36 years old at the time of the aggravated criminal sexual abuse/weapon ,can the defendent upon a plea or found guilty,be class as a sexual predetor and have to register for life,even though that that class is for offenders of a child and under age persons ?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 7 years ago.
Registration requirements vary among states. Where (in what state) was this crime committed?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
In Chicago Ill
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 7 years ago.
In Illinois, Sections 730 ILCS 152/115 (a) and (b)) mandate that the the state keep a data base of sexual offenders. These are any person who has been convicted of one of the offenses listed in Illinois Compiled Statutes 730 ILCS 150/2(B) .

Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse/Weapon is a violent sexual offense. So yes, regardless of the age of the complainant, you would be required to register in Illinois, and yes, you would be considered a sexual predator with a lifetime registration requirement if you were convicted or pled guilty to such an offense.


If I've helped, please click the green Accept button so I can get credit for my work.

This thread will not close and you can always use it to get clarification.This is informational only and is NOT legal advice. There is no attorney-client relationship. You are advised to consult an attorney in your state for specific legal advice.