How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3151
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a misdemeanor ticket and when I went to court the DA

Customer Question

I had a misdemeanor ticket and when I went to court the DA did not pick it up. How do I get a disposition on that case? It is on my FBI read out.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 7 years ago.
What do you mean when you say that the DA didn't "pick it up"? Are you saying that the case is still open or that there is an error on your RAP sheet?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
when i went to court i wasnt on the dockit. i went to the da office and they told me it was droped.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i don't want any more help right now. i want my money back. i was told i didn't have to pay until i was ready to and i have not had a satisfaction answer. i will ask again when i get my money back and my questions are clearer. thanks. i would rather do this face to face and get it done asp. do you have an office? i am in sacramento, ca
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 7 years ago.
You have not paid me as I have not provided you with an answer. I have only asked for information necessary in order to address your question.

JustAnswer is not a site on which you can retain a lawyer. Lawyers and customers cannot exchange identifying information and we do no representation here. We can provide general legal information, let you know your rights or point you in the right direction. In the end, however, if you wanted actual legal work done, you would have to seek out a local lawyer.

You can contact the site moderators and ask for your money back.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i did sent a request for a refund. because i was told that money would not be withdrawn until i was OK. all i want is what you are offering. a direction. its always good to be a little informed.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 7 years ago.
Not a problem.

You can post your question for free if you want, but the site will make you pay a deposit anyway before you can be allowed to read the answer. They deduct from your card what you have proposed to pay for the question.

Then, when you get an answer, if you are satisfied with it, you click on an icon you will see that says "Accept." When you do that, half of the money that you have paid goes to the expert. The other half goes to JustAnswer.

Again, I have not yet provided you with an answer. You see that my responses are called "Info Requests." That's because I don't want you to click on accept (you won't even see the Accept Icon) until I have actually answered your question.

So what you're saying is you do want to continue so that your question can be answered.

I will compose an answer and be back to you shortly.

Edited by FranL on 11/1/2009 at 2:35 PM EST
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 7 years ago.
Have left the answer on your other thread.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: Other
i want my money put back in my bank account before i do any thing. it was my understanding you would not charg me until i said it was OK. i havent done that and i want my money back. i did not have money in my account for this until the 5th and i am over drawn. thank you you can keep your aswer for now. i want a refund before i do any monre with you. i dont trust you.