How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttorneyTom Your Own Question
AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 9176
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
AttorneyTom is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In Texas, what is the punishment for a possession CS PG 3

Customer Question

In Texas, what is the punishment for a possession CS PG 3 < 28G charge?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 8 years ago.


Thank you for your question.

What follows may not be what you want to hear. However, please do not shoot the messenger. While I can control the quality of an answer, my control over the the content of an answer is restrained by the truth.

Texas Health and Safety Code Section 481.117 covers possession of a substance in penalty group 3.

If a person has less than 28 grams of the substance, it is classified as a Class A Misdemeanor. Texas Health and Safety Code, Section 481.117. In Texas, a Class A Misdemeanor is punishable by a fine of up to $4,000 and/or incarceration for up to 1 year. Texas Penal Code, Section 12.21.

If you need additional clarification, please ask a follow-up question and I will be happy to elaborate. Please remember that we cannot provide legal advice/services through JustAnswer.

Please click the green
Accept Button for each and every answer and leave Positive Feedback so that I receive credit for answering your question. Bonuses are greatly appreciated.

When leaving Feedback, please remember that Feedback is left for me as an answerer, rather than the content of the answer. While I enjoy to providing customers with the answers they want to hear, doing so is not always possible.

If you need legal advice/services you should seek, in person, a local attorney as soon as possible. You can find one at: or



Laws vary drastically by state and country. It is impossible for an attorney to provide legal advice or legal services on JustAnswer. What follows is neither legal advice nor a legal service and may/not apply in your particular state. What follows is general information provided for educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed. T-USA is not your attorney. No attorney-client privilege exists. Anything you write can be used in court if discovered by an opposing party.
The following information is provided for the purpose of encouraging you to seek, in person, the counsel of an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your particular state. It is essential to consult such an attorney as soon as possible.