Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

live in florida. My last time I was in troble was,2002,possession

Customer Question
charge,was a third degree felony...
live in florida. My last time I was in troble was,2002,possession charge,was a third degree felony. Cannot get empolyment. Can I get my record purged at this time.?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/2/2009
Criminal Lawyer: Ellen, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ellen, Lawyer

You maybe able to have your record expunged. To do this you first need to apply for a Certification of Eligibility. You can pick up the application for Certification of Eligibility from the criminal division at your local county courthouse.

Next you will need to petition for expungement.

Here are the forms:
http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/content/getdoc/c83dd888-ef7a-448e-9a96-ba69fc4181f7/Seal-and-Expunge-Home.aspx

Good luck.
Ellen, Lawyer