Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

is a cpn legal if you are using it personally guarantee to

Customer Question
their business I ask this...
is a cpn legal if you are using it personally guarantee to their business I ask this question and my proof is privacy act of 1974
this is a very hot topic and I want to put this to rest
the irs issues them and your using it to get business credit and no where in the privacy act does it state your credit has to be attached to it
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
10/2/2009
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 years ago
While you are partially correct in your assessment of CCN's and what you are saying is what is claimed by many websites offering to sell CCN's, the botXXXXX XXXXXne is what the government considers using a CCN not properly connected to your real SSN is fraud. The whole idea of the CCN was to protect your SSN from theft, not for creating a new and clean credit record or to mislead creditors and this is where people get in trouble with using CCN's. The CCN is not illegal per se, it is how it is used that is the crime. Thus, by failing to connect the CCN to your SSN in an attempt to conceal your true credit records, this is where the crime comes in, defrauding creditors and the government.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Any information provided is not the practice of law but intended to direct you in finding an attorney in your locale.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer