How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27747
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was arrested for a DUI, but was below the legal limit in

Customer Question

I was arrested for a DUI, but was below the legal limit in CA. My case was "set-aside" by the District Attorney and therefore I was not required to show up to court. While the DUI conviction was cleared from my record, I still have an "arrest" on my record, which I wish to have cleared, or expunged. I was told by the DA to go to the Sherriff's Dept., which told me to go to the Superior Court, who told me to go to the DA. I want to know what forms I need to get and from where to have this arrest cleared from my record. I also would like to know what agency I need to file this with. Thanks!
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 8 years ago.
The California Court System provides a free self-help center which will supply you with everything you will need clear your record.

Good luck.


If I've helped, please click the green Accept button so I can get credit for my work.

This thread will not close and you can always use it to get clarification.This is informational only and is NOT legal advice. There is no attorney-client relationship. You are advised to consult an attorney in your state for specific legal advice.