How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my son has had substance abuse problems which has led to a

Customer Question

my son has had substance abuse problems which has led to a number of small legal problems, which has led him to living on the streets. His last offense was a misdemeanor Felony,which he did time for and was given probation. He did not follow through and has been sentanced to jail and prision time Is there any recourse?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.



if he violated his probation and it was terminated by the judge because of the violations, the judge can and apparently has imposed the suspended sentence. he can try to file a sentence modification - but i doubt it would be granted.

Samuel II and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you