How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hammer O'Justice Your Own Question
Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4497
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Hammer O'Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband has permanently revoked his drivers license due

Resolved Question:

My husband has "permanently" revoked his driver's license due to several DUI's. We have received notifications in the mail from the State of Florida telling him that his license has been suspended for one year. Don't they know it has been revoked? Is there any chance of getting his license back. He is an auto mechanic and it is very hard to get a job without a license.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 7 years ago.

The DHSMV imposes suspensions regardless of whether someone is revoked. Even if someone is already revoked, if they are eligible for a suspension, the DHSMV will just impose that on top of it. It is unlikely he could reinstate his license at this point, but he may be eligible to apply for a hardship license (meaning he could only drive to and from work). He would have to contact the DHSMV to find out if he is eligible and what he would need to do to get one.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is that the DMV in florida? Any department in particular to know if he is eligible?
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 7 years ago.
Yes...its the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, which is known as the DMV in other states.

And yes, he needs to contact the Administrative Reviews Office for his county. If he goes here:
And clicks on the appropriate county, the contact information will be under "Under Suspension--Needs Driver's License for Work" section.
Hammer O'Justice and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions