Joseph
Joseph, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in criminal litigation including several years as a felony prosecutor
18539850

what does this mean FILED/NOT DISPOSED AT PROSECUTORS LEVEL

Customer Question

what does this mean FILED/NOT DISPOSED AT PROSECUTORS LEVEL when dealing with criminal charges? please let me know
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JD replied 8 years ago.

This looks like a docket entry of a court clerk... put this in context for me and we'll see if we can figure it out. What are some details surrounding this issue?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
he has several charges 1st degree attempted murder and 2other first dree charges using a deadly weapon and arso and 2nd degree aggrevated battery and 3rd degree aggrevated battery
Expert:  JD replied 8 years ago.
Has the case been through the grand jury yet?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
no it isnt he has a pre-trail hearing next month and a trail hearing set for december he has been in jail sense july 9 of this year. his case has been hard because neither party is made any formal statements
Expert:  JD replied 8 years ago.
I am going to opt out and see if we can get a Florida lawyer in on your question...
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
okay thanks for your hepl
Expert:  Joseph replied 8 years ago.
I'm a criminal defense attorney in Floria and I believe I can help you out.

I hate to sound obvious, but it means:

- FILED - This means that the prosecutor, the Office of the State Attorney, has formally filed charges in the matter. Most Florida counties call the charging document an Information.

- NOT DISPOSED AT PROSECUTOR LEVEL - This is similar to the above, it simply means that the prosecutor did not dispose, or dismiss, the charges.

Please let me know if you require any further information.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on the green ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck!
Joseph, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience: I have 15 years experience in criminal litigation including several years as a felony prosecutor
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i really don,t understand that but i will accept your answer thank you for helping me.
Expert:  Joseph replied 8 years ago.
If there is something you still don't understand, I'm happy to see if I can clarify for you.

Put as simply as I can, it just means that the prosecuting attorney's office has formally filed charges against your former boyfriend.

I hope this provides some help!