How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  30 years legal experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if while in prison they wave your parole hearing for 3yrs.

Resolved Question:

if while in prison they wave your parole hearing for 3yrs. without your consent, or signing off, is it a violation of due process and can u sue for it. Another words what the answer im looking for is "Is there a case"? I would greatly app. any feedback on this subject thank you.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 years ago.
Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

Sure, you can get a lawyer and sue to try and show that he didn't voluntarily waive all 3 years, just the 1 year. It is his word against the parole boards though, and it doesn't take a genius to guess how the case would turn out. I can't offer much hope of winning, but yes, you can hire an attorney to try.

I wish you well.

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. It would be greatly appreciated if you would click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having assisted you.

Best regards,


LawTalk and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you