How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  30 years legal experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i just filed a false police report for stolen property but

Customer Question

i just filed a false police report for stolen property but am not seeking finacial gain. i pawned them to pay a person who threatned me and hit me. i dont have a description of him or know who it is. i called the police because the guns were my parents and didnt know what to tell them. i was scared. i can prove the attack but can the text i got from a strange number, but they only said they wanted me to leave my ex alone and a slight threat to me if i didnt. no mention of money till i was assaulted a month later. what am i lokking at ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 years ago.
Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

You really need a local criminal defense attorney to represent you in this matter.

Theft of the guns from your parents, the sale of stolen property as well as false reporting are all serious charges.

If you are an adult you will likely be charged with one or more felonies and if convicted, serve a year or more in prison as well as pay a significant fine.

Don't wait to be arrested and taken to jail. Get an attorney as soon as possible to assist you in a defense.

I wish you well.

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. It would be greatly appreciated if you would click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having assisted you.

Best regards,