How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 31737
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can a person resolve a dui misdemeanor, failure to appear

Customer Question

How can a person resolve a dui misdemeanor, failure to appear in court, and subsequent $5,000.00 warrant?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
The only thing the person can do is turn him/herself in and appear for the DUI and contempt hearing. It is not likely that the court will put the person in jail for a first offense. It is most likely that the judge will fine the person and put him/her on probation for 6-12 months.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
From your answer, you obviously did not read all the information. I do not accept this answer.
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
Your "already tried" entry was not posted when I answered the question.

Not much changes with my answer - other than the fact that the penalty will be more severe with jail time likely and stiffer fines.