How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 28043
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

situation on probation, 3 years remain. New altercation

This answer was rated:

on probation, 3 years remain.
New altercation with police: dui, no lic, no insurance, fleeing arrest; left by police at hosp for medical attention (chest pains) told to turn self in when released

Is it better to turn self into probation officer or to turn self in to arresting police?
It is best to turn himself into the arresting police agency. If he goes to probation, he will have to sit and wait there, until an officer arrives, to take him away. If he goes directly to the police, he will save time and not have to wait.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I understand you to say that he will get into the process quicker by going back to the arresting police, but the real gist of the question is this --

will he have less total time to serve overall by going to police rather than probation?

if he goes to probation will he have to complete that time b4 they will look at new offenses or will they combine the remaining probation time with the new offenses time?
They will combine the time.
CrimDefense and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you