Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

about how much can a lawyer charge to take a second degree

Customer Question
robbery charge?...
about how much can a lawyer charge to take a second degree robbery charge?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/2/2009
Criminal Lawyer: Criminal Attorney, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Criminal Attorney

Good Evening,

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

An attorney may charge whatever he/she deems appropriate for their level of expertise and difficulty of the case.

Typically a felony case can range anywhere from $750 to upwards of $10,000. It would depend on the difficulty of the case, the facts involved and whether or not the case goes to trial or is plead out.

I hope this information has been helpful. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks and good luck!

do you think the police was wrong by not taking a statement from me?

I apologize for not responding to the initial information--often times it does not appear until after I have responded.

$3500 is probably a fair fee for a case such as yours. If you are innocent, or have mitigating factors such as the case you described above, the case will likely be harder than if you just wanted to plead guilty. You may want to call around and see if there are cheaper attorneys in your area.

I hope this additional information helps.

Thanks.

Criminal Attorney
The police may have made a mistake in not taking a statement from you, but they are not required to do so. The police should have investigated fully, but you will have a chance to present your case at trial.
Criminal Attorney
Criminal Attorney
Criminal Attorney, Lawyer