How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Criminal Attorney Your Own Question
Criminal Attorney
Criminal Attorney, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 540
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with experience in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Criminal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

about how much can a lawyer charge to take a second degree

Resolved Question:

about how much can a lawyer charge to take a second degree robbery charge?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Criminal Attorney replied 7 years ago.

Good Evening,


Thanks for choosing Just Answer.


An attorney may charge whatever he/she deems appropriate for their level of expertise and difficulty of the case.


Typically a felony case can range anywhere from $750 to upwards of $10,000. It would depend on the difficulty of the case, the facts involved and whether or not the case goes to trial or is plead out.


I hope this information has been helpful. Please let me know if you need further assistance.


Thanks and good luck!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
do you think the police was wrong by not taking a statement from me?
Expert:  Criminal Attorney replied 7 years ago.

I apologize for not responding to the initial information--often times it does not appear until after I have responded.


$3500 is probably a fair fee for a case such as yours. If you are innocent, or have mitigating factors such as the case you described above, the case will likely be harder than if you just wanted to plead guilty. You may want to call around and see if there are cheaper attorneys in your area.


I hope this additional information helps.



Criminal Attorney and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Criminal Attorney replied 7 years ago.
The police may have made a mistake in not taking a statement from you, but they are not required to do so. The police should have investigated fully, but you will have a chance to present your case at trial.

Related Criminal Law Questions