How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JB Umphrey Your Own Question
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 20233
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
JB Umphrey is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if i pay off my probation. do i still have to serve the whole

Resolved Question:

if i pay off my probation. do i still have to serve the whole three years i was given ??
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

What were the other conditions of probation that the judge ordered?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
one year anger managment.
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 8 years ago.
Did the judge order that you have no contact with the victim?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes, no contact with victim
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 8 years ago.
Have you discussed your interest with your probation officer?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i asked her if she would discharge me early and she just gave me a negative answer. i have met all my requirements and also am in good standing with my anger management class. i was wondering if i can go around her..
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 8 years ago.
You can ask your probation officer to schedule your case for a probation review and you can ask the judge directly.

The judge will want to see all fines paid and all classes completed.

The judge is going to need so type of assurance that there will be no future contact with the victim.

All you can do is try.

Good luck and best wishes! I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!
JB Umphrey and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you