Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

how do i know if an order of protection against me. What if

Customer Question
the order was filed in...
how do i know if an order of protection against me. What if the order was filed in another county or state and the person who filed it against me purposefully gave incorrect contact information
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/1/2009
Criminal Lawyer: Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Attorney & Mediator
Unlike other legal cases, an order of protection cannot be issued against a person unless you are personally served with the order. So if you have never been served, then no such order exists. The court will not issue an order of protection without you being served and given opportunity to come to court. If you cannot be personally served the order of protection is dropped until you are found.

Please click accept, it is greatly appreciated. To request me for future questions, please begin your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

_______________________________________________

Please Note: My answer is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, doing research on your question, called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. I do not provide general or specific legal advice. . No part of this disclaimer can be copied or reproduced without the express consent of the owner[lawNinvest]. Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer