Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I have 15 felony counts that I am currently being indicted

for. 14 counts of...
I have 15 felony counts that I am currently being indicted for. 14 counts of forgery ranging from F5-F3 and one count of identity theft F2. I have absolutely no criminal history or background. The worst thing I have ever done was speeding.

I have proof to dismiss the count of identity theft and 3 of the 14 counts of forgery. I know that I am looking at serious jail time with these counts. Do I even have a possiblity of getting out of this without jail time if I am found guilty of some of the charges?

Thank you.
9/1/2009
Criminal Attorney

Good Afternoon,

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

Unfortunately you are likely to serve jail time if you are found guilty of some of the charges. This is due largely to the fact that all of the crimes are felonies, and that there are so many charges at one time. If you are found guilty you are likely to spend some time in jail. If however you plead to some of the charges in a plea bargain, you may be able to reduce the charges and serve much less jail time. I would seek assistance of local counsel to ensure that you can avoid jail as much as possible.

I hope this information has been helpful. If you need further information, please let me know. Thanks.

Criminal Attorney

Thank you so much. I am doing everything I can to avoid jail, but I just wanted to know what my odds were. Thank you again.

You are welcome. Good luck. Please let me know if I can help you again.
Thanks
Good luck!
Criminal Attorney
Criminal Attorney
Criminal Attorney, Lawyer