Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

1st time offender. Tickeded for theft II. Jackson County Oregon.

Customer Question
What happens at court? Is...
1st time offender. Tickeded for theft II. Jackson County Oregon. What happens at court? Is there any deversing program? Should I repay money taken before I go to court? Thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/1/2009
Criminal Lawyer: Cedric, Criminal Defense Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Cedric
Cedric, Criminal Defense Lawyer
It's a Class A Misdemeanor. Since you're a first time offender, you will most likely not get any time, since it's basically petty theft. I can't tell you about diversion programs, But can tell you the public defender in Jackson county is the best to consult before you go to court.
http://lawyers.law.cornell.edu/lawyers/criminal-law/oregon/medford-or-metro

Here's a web address for them, you can consult before your court date.
Cedric
Cedric
Cedric, Criminal Defense Lawyer