Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

HOW DO I REINSTATE MY RIGHTS TO BARE A FIRE ARM AS A CONVICTED

Customer Question
FELON? I GOT OFF PAROLE...
HOW DO I REINSTATE MY RIGHTS TO BARE A FIRE ARM AS A CONVICTED FELON? I GOT OFF PAROLE IN 1998 AND HAVEN'T BEEN IN ANY TROUBLE SINCE 1993.I WAS CONVICTED OF POSS. OF COKE,A NON VIOLENT CRIME.I WORED AT CITGO REFINARY FOR THE PAST TEN YEARS AND I ALSO PLAYED ARENA FOOTBALL FOR THE PAST SEVEN YEARS,MARRIED WITH A KID.PLEASE HELP
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/1/2009
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 years ago
You must obtain a pardon with full restoration of rights from the governor of your state if this was a state conviction or from the President if this was a federal conviction. You would file your application for pardon and have to await the decision. This is the only way to get your rights restored.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

HOW DO I OBTAIN THAT PARDON FOR FULL RESTORATION?
You file an application with the LA Board of Pardons. The application can be found at: http://www.corrections.state.la.us/view.php?cat=13
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer