Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

would being handcuffed, put in jail, and questioned about having

Customer Question
alot of money, taking my...
would being handcuffed, put in jail, and questioned about having alot of money, taking my firearm from the trunk, and asking me if I want to lower my sentence by cooperating with the drug task force be concidered a need of maranda rights read to.
my last question was about being arrested with crack cocaine and one joint and never got my rights read to.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/1/2009
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 years ago
If they did not read you your Miranda rights under these circumstances, then anything they obtained against you would not be admissible in court. However, for the purposes of securing your cooperation they did not have to advise you of your Miranda rights, the only thing that a failure to provide Miranda warnings does is prevents them from using any of the information obtained against you in any trial.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer