Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

My x-house keeper was working in a massage service answer the

Customer Question
phone and setting up appoinments...
My x-house keeper was working in a massage service answer the phone and setting up appoinments. It turn out it was more than massage. She was booked for 266h. What could happen?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/1/2009
Criminal Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

If you are wondering whether or not you could be implicated, it's certainly possible, but if there's no evidence of your ever receiving any money from your housekeeper, then that would go a long way to convince law enforcement that you weren't involved. It would also make it difficult to convince a jury, which means that the DA will not be much interested in spending taxpayer money on further investigation or trial.

Hope this helps.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

No, Not me. She is in california a different state and has not cleaned my house for 11 months.

Oh. Depends on what the charge is. If this is an ongoing business, and a lot of money is changing hands, then it could be jail time, even for a first offense. If there's no evidence of an ongoing busness, then it could be diversion and no prosecution at all.

There's a lot of leeway, but without knowing the precise charges, it's impossible to do more than conjecture.

She needs a criminal defense lawyer, for sure. For a referral, see: http://www.abanet.org/legalservices/lris/directory/main.cfm?id=CA.

socrateaser, Lawyer
socrateaser, Lawyer