How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hammer O'Justice Your Own Question
Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4500
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Hammer O'Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, I have a conviction for misdemeanor possession T

Customer Question

Hello, I have a conviction for misdemeanor possession Title 21 USC Section 844 in 1981. It was a plea arrangement that gave me a deferred prosecution with a SIS. After a probation of 3 years and a fine paid in 180 days my records were to be expunge because I had no previous convictions. I have had no further legal issues and now 27 years later this conviction is still on my record and I cannot enter Canada. I am a resident of Alaska and have traveled back and forth to my home state of Washington for years. Can I ask the court to grant me the remaining part of the original bargain?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 8 years ago.
Yes. You can file a Motion to Enforce Plea Agreement with the court that originally heard your case. Just lay out what the plea agreement was, explain about what happened with your entry to Canada, and request that the original agreement be enforced and honored.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am sorry, I have wasted your time. I don't feel you adequately answered my question. I have done a great deal of research on this issue and it is clear to me, this was an inappropriate attempt at a advise. I wish you more acceptable clients. I would hope that this credit is not charged against my card.