Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I looked up a criminal history on my daughter it said convicted

Customer Question
LARC (free text) what does...
I looked up a criminal history on my daughter it said convicted LARC (free text) what does that mean?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
8/23/2009
Criminal Lawyer: JB Umphrey, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

To be certain, you can contact the court where the conviction was entered and ask them. From my experience LARC is short for larceny (a theft crime).

Good luck and best wishes! I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!
I understand LARC means larceny but what does (free text) mean next to it?
I don't know what the (free text) references.

It would seem to be a local computer programming code unique to that jurisdiction where they could have put in an identifier but didn't (e.g., under $100, over $1,000, retail fraud, etc.)

You should be able to quickly get clarification with a phone call to the court tomorrow morning.
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer