How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legaleagle Your Own Question
legaleagle, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 13441
Experience:  Licensed Attorney for 7 years
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
legaleagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 20 and I got an MIP and an indecent exposure charge (for

Customer Question

I am 20 and I got an MIP and an indecent exposure charge (for sitting in the back of the car with boxers on). Do I need to get a lawyer for my court date and what kind of penalties am I facing? How can I get the charges reduced/dropped so that I do not have a criminal record or anything?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  legaleagle replied 8 years ago.
<p>What state are you in?</p>
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
it was in Omaha, NE
Expert:  legaleagle replied 8 years ago.
It is helpful to have an attorney present to really present all your options rather than let a DA or county attorney tell you what is best for you because you are not their client and they do not have to give you the best deal. With an attorney present they will know what is good and what the consequences are for accepting any deal offered. The best is to have the charge dismissed completely, but rather than having a conviction it is good to get a deferred adjudication where you serve a short time on probation and if you complete it without further incident the charges are dropped and you are not convicted of anything. The punishment is usually a year for each for probtation and/or fines of up to $1000 ea.