Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

CAN I CHANGE DATE OF MY COURT APPEARANCE I AM DETAINED ACOORDING

Customer Question
CAN I CHANGE DATE OF...
CAN I CHANGE DATE OF MY COURT APPEARANCE? I AM DETAINED ACOORDING 484(A) PC PETTY THEFT OF CALIFORNIA?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
8/2/2009
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 years ago
If you are already in custody you cannot change the date of the appearance that is governed by the jail and court. If you are not in jail and cannot make the court date, then you need to contact the clerk of court in advance of the hearing date and ask to change the date and you may be required to file an actual motion for continuance with the court and have it approved, but that is up to the clerk of the court.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer