How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 18 year old son is being reported for a sexual misconduct

Resolved Question:

My 18 year old son is being reported for a sexual misconduct incident that happened when he was 14 with his cousin who was 9 at the time. Will he be arrested as an adult?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

Any charges will be as if the charge was made four years ago. Therefore he would be charged as a juvenile and the laws in existence four years ago would apply.
Ellen and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you