How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 37639
Experience:  30 years legal experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

One of my exs female friends found out my address and came

Resolved Question:

One of my ex's female friends found out my address and came to my home on Christmas Day last year. She came to harrass me about still trying to reconcile with my ex. She started attacking me, because I told her I was calling the police. The police talked to her, and told her she had to leave because she was trespassing. She said she was there because her car was keyed from a prior incident. They advised me to press charges for simple assault. A week later she went to another town, pressed charges for Simple Assault and Criminal Mischief.    The judge dismissed it because it was out of juridsiction. She called me a month later begging for me to not to file charges against her. So I didn't. Well since this happened she's been calling me blocked harrassing me, and leaving notes on my car chiding me about my ex. So in July I pressed charges for Simple Assault, and she counterfiled. Will mine get dismissed? She showed up to my home, and assaulted me.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 years ago.
Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

There is no reason that your complaint for assault would be dismissed. Whether she is prosecuted is up to the local prosecutor though.

Based upon all the harassment that you have been enduring, along with having been assaulted, it would seem appropriate that you file for a protective order/restraining order against her. That would subject he to arrest each time thereafter that she harasses you, comes to close to you or even makes contact with you.

Contact your local court clerk about seeking a protective order.

I wish you well.

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. It would be greatly appreciated if you would click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having assisted you.

Best regards,


LawTalk and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions