How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I returned a pair of jeans tonight at Nordstroms with my three

Customer Question

I returned a pair of jeans tonight at Nordstroms with my three year old grandson and instead of placing them on the counter I put them on top of the stroller, I walked out acknowledged the mistake and they did not believe me. I had three bags of purchases hanging from stroller and a whinny three year old. I don't really care about the money end of it, I just don't want a criminal record. How do I get that dismissed?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 8 years ago.



only the district attorneys office can dismiss a criminal charge. and if it is explained that you were not intentionally trying to deprive the merchant of thier goods, that this was a return and you have made purchases, and if this is a first charge, you could possibly get the matter nol prossed/dimissed