LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
6761470

MY FIANCEE IS CURRENLY IN JAIL DUE TO THE FACT THAT HE HAD

MY FIANCEE IS CURRENLY IN JAIL DUE TO THE FACT THAT HE HAD TO GO TO PAROLE AND NO ONE WAS ABLE TO DRIVE HIM. SO HE DROVE HIS SELF AND SOMEONE TOLD ON HIM. AND HE GOT LOOKED UP. WHATS THE WORST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN TO HIM?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 8 years ago.

Hello and thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance as I answer your question.

1. I am a licensed attorney, and I will be glad to try and answer your question. I hope that the following information will be helpful to you, but please just write back if you have any follow-up questions or need clarification on anything after reviewing the following information. I would be glad to interact with you further if needed after you click "Accept" to process my answer. I am sorry for your circumstances, and I hope that everything gets resolved appropriately for your boyfriend in this matter.
  2. The worst case scenario is that his parole will be revoked and he will serve out the sentence which was initially suspended. In other words, say (just by way of example), he was sentenced to five years for robbery but was allowed to remain in the community on parole. If his parole is revoked, he could face having to now serve those five years as if he had never been granted parole. However, this would require two things -- his parole officer would have to "violate him" (file a motion to revoke) and the Court would have to agree to it.

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
THIS IS HIS FIRST VIOLATION AND HE HAS BEEN IN GOOD STANDINGS WITH PAROLE THUS FAR THEY WONT JUST REINSTATE HIS PAROLE AND LET HIM COME HOME. HE IS THE ONLY FAMILY THAT I HAVE AND IM UP FOR BACK SURGERY SEPTEMBER 3RD OF THIS YEAR I NEED HIS HELP AND SUPPORT

Hello again,

Thanks for writing back -- good to hear from you. I will be glad to comment further.

I can absolutely sympathize with your situation. I wish that I could make a firm guarantee, but the truth of the matter is that it just does not work like that, unfortunately. Rather, the outcome lies within the discretion of the Court. His parole could well be reinstated, but there is simply no way to make that prediction. Only his parole officer and the Court have any say over that outcome. I wish things were different, but sorry to say this is the state of things.

I hope this information is of some additional help and that all of this works out properly.

Take care and thanks again for choosing JustAnswer®!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
WILL I BE ABLE TO GO TO HIS HEARING? WOULD HE NEED A LAWYER AND IF SO HOW MUCH WOULD IT COST?

Hello again,

Yes, you can attend his revocation hearing. Yes, he definitely needs a lawyer. At his first appearance in Court, he should request the appointment of counsel. That would cost him nothing provided he met the financial eligibility requirements. To retain private counsel would probably start at roughly $1,500 up to $5,000 or more. Some attorneys will handle these proceedings for a flat fee, whereas others still use traditional hourly billing (which is generally more expensive in the long run).

I shall be signing off for the night but will make sure to check for any updated posts from you once I return to this online forum. Once you click "Accept" for processing, I would be glad to engage with you further if needed.