How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JB Umphrey Your Own Question
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 20233
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
JB Umphrey is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I signed an agreedmnt to to a take over payments person .

Resolved Question:

I signed an agreedmnt to to a "take over payments person". She has not made an payments and refuses to to release the car back to me. Will not return phone cll and was Irate when I gave the lienholder her phone number. Look at and

Although I can't prove it, I think there is some Federal cases on her oeration in Arizona. The U>S. Attorney apparently investigated for a while but I don't know the outcome.

Anyway, Wells Fargo is still saying " PAY US"
[email protected]                   Hm. XXX-XXX-XXXX    Cell XXX-XXX-XXXX
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

What do you want to see happen?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I would like her to return the car.


The bank is going to repo but that's better than her just scamming me out of it.


How can I get the policy to take a report , Theft of fraud or elder financial abuse.



Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 8 years ago.
All you can do is report it to the police. You cannot force them to open an investigation, file charges, or see through a criminal prosecution. It is their discretion as to what crimes are ivestigated and which ones are not.

I know that may not seem fair or right, but it's totally within their discretion.

I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!
JB Umphrey and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you