How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nate Your Own Question
Nate, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 10686
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Nate is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was arrested on a felony charge in florida, but I wasnt

Customer Question

I was arrested on a felony charge in florida, but I was'nt a convicted felon. I recently moved to Virginia, and searched for work. Luckly I found work. Can the state of Virginia have me go back and register as a convicted felon even tho I was'nt a convicted felon in Florida?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nate replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

Just to clarify, you're saying you were arrested for a felony in Florida, but you never pleaded guilty or were found guilty by a jury?

Let me know and I'll get right back to you!

Nathan Moore
Nate and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I was not convicted by a jury. My adjudacation was withheld.
Expert:  Nate replied 8 years ago.
So, it may just be a matter of getting an expungement if you were never found guilty and did whatever you were supposed to do. Contact the court clerk in the county in Florida where this happened, and ask them if your charge is eligible to be expunged. There's usually a small fee and a form to fill out, which they ought to be able to help you with.