Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

My friends and I had a party at our house several nights ago,

Customer Question
after asking him to leave...
My friends and I had a party at our house several nights ago, after asking him to leave our house several times, one intoxicated minor ended up punching my friends car and leaving a dent in it. He promised to pay to have it fixed and now the estimates are coming back at over $1000 to fix the dent. The man who hit the car is now saying he won't pay. Can we still go to the police? Could the police get the man on a minor in possession of is it to late for that?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
7/1/2009
Criminal Lawyer: Dave Kennett, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer

DearCustomer- You could contact the police but proving the person was intoxicated several days ago might be difficult. It certainly wouldn't help in collecting the money. Your friend can simply file a suit against this person or he/she could press charges for criminal damaging which would be far easier to prove than intoxication.

Dave Kennett

Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Thank you so much for your time and help. I really do appreciate it.
No problem and thanks for using our service - Dave
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer