How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

this was a case were 16 offender was indicment on several charges

Customer Question

this was a case were 16 offender was indicment on several charges and some took pleas, but we took it to trial and was found guilty with four people testified on me the cases was 924c & i have not been sentence yet. I also put in a motion durning trial but it was never brought up in the court can i do anything about that?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 8 years ago.



what state? what was the Motion seeking? when you say never brought up, what does that mean exactly? was there a ruling on it at all?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The state is Illinois, and there was never a ruling or even presented to the court system.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 8 years ago.



well, if it was never presented, then there is not much you can do - unless you can show that the Motion was imperative to your case - you have not told me what the motion was for and why your attorney did not file it. but if you appeal on ineffective counsel then you can use that as basis, again, if it was impertative to the outcome of your case - you can appeal for ineffective counsel and use that as a basis



Related Criminal Law Questions