Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

if you are arrested for domestic battery 3rd degree, but the

Customer Question
allegations are false, does this...
if you are arrested for domestic battery 3rd degree, but the allegations are false, does this charge stay on record, and what can be done to clear your name?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/1/2009
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 years ago
The charge remains on your record until you have it expunged. If you were found not guilty or the charges were dropped, then you would apply to the court for an expungement and it would then be removed from your record.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer