How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Juliana Your Own Question
Juliana, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 1651
Experience:  Former prosecutor with 4 years of experience, criminal justice degree
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Juliana is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In Colorado, if a person receives a deferred sentence for felony

Resolved Question:

In Colorado, if a person receives a deferred sentence for felony theft and probation, and one of the conditions is to be a lawful citizen, can small claims actions for non-payment of rents and evictions and using a former last name (not maiden name, a former married name) be considered unlawful?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Juliana replied 8 years ago.

Being a lawful citizen means that the person does not violate any laws. Being involved in a small claims action (whether plaintiff or defendant) and using a former last name are not unlawful, and would not be in violation of the condition that requires the probationer to be a lawful citizen.

Hope this helps,
Juliana and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you