How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RBinJax Your Own Question
RBinJax, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 731
Experience:  I am a former Public Defender, and have handled criminal cases for 25 years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
RBinJax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

where can the church file a complaint against the pastor for

Resolved Question:

where can the church file a complaint against the pastor for theft in the state of Michigan.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RBinJax replied 8 years ago.

You may file a complaint with the governing board for your church at the most local level directly above the church if you wish to try to resolve the matter without going to the police. This assumes that your church is part of a denomination that has such a governance structure. If your church is non-denominational, you would have to meet with the pastor, confront him with the allegations, and ask that he resign and return the money to the congregation.

Otherwise, you are going to need to file charges with the appropriate law enforcement agency in your area so that it may investigate the matter.

I hope this answers your questions. Please click Accept so that I may be credited for my assistance. Thank you and good luck.

RBinJax and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions