How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask J D Haas Your Own Question
J D Haas
J D Haas, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 2998
Experience:  23 years as a trial lawyer with experience in criminal law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
J D Haas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

today I go to put my plea in on a theft ticket. The ticket

Resolved Question:

today I go to put my plea in on a theft ticket. The ticket reads that I attempted to take 35.00 from my employer. My employer was being nice they have me for much more, but only turned me in for that. With out an attorney present being my first offense is there anything I can do or say to the prosecutor to get the charges reduced or droped and if not what do you think the penalty is.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  J D Haas replied 8 years ago.
Here is the penalty--Probably a $150.00 fine. Please see: I cannot predict if you will be successful in getting the charges dropped, but that would be the best outcome for you. The fact that this is your first offense is in your favor. Explain to the prosecutor that you know that you made a mistake, you have accepted responsibility, you will make restitution and pay a fine, but that you would like the charges dropped as this may effect your future employment. Please let me know if I can help you further.

I hope that I have helped you and answered all of your questions. If
I have not answered all of your questions, please ask more questions as I
am happy to answer all of your questions.

If you would like to direct a question specifically to me, please ask
for me in the body of the question and I will receive your question.
I would really appreciate that opportunity.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice,
it is merely information. For a specific answer to your unique
facts you need to contact a lawyer in your area because I do not have
access to all of the information and evidence that you can show to a
local lawyer. The only way that I am legally responsible for your
legal rights is if you have signed a written retainer agreement with
my law firm.
J D Haas and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you