How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 28347
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I appeared in court and the district attorney told me that

Resolved Question:

I appeared in court and the district attorney told me that if i didn't hire a lawyer to represent me on june 18,2009 that my liscense will automatically be suspended for 6mos charges are suspended plate registration 1st offense 725.00 no insurance 540.00 1st offense my question is after hiring the attorney to represent me will he be able to assure me that i will be able to go and get my liscense after paying the re-instatement fees and all this is to be heard in the municipal court of marietta state of georgia
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 8 years ago.

It seems odd that the DA told you that you must hire a lawyer to represent you. Unless, they are seeking jail time, it should not be something that was said. Moreover, you could try and correct the mistakes ahead of time, i.e. register the plate so the suspension is lifted and get insurance on the vehicle. If you do that, it may prevent your license from being suspended and the court may be willing to dismiss 1 or both of the charges, since you corrected the problem. If you hire a lawyer, make sure you have a solid understanding of what he/she is going to do for you and what you need to do, to correct this. Anything you are told should be in writing. The $750 seems reasonable for a fee to charge but if you want, you can try and negotiate a lower offer.

CrimDefense and 5 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I'm sorry! yes your answer was what I needed it did sound a little mind boggling and I left the part out abt me not showing up for one of the court dates and had a warrant for my arrest, but that was satisfied also I had to pay 2500.00 to get out of jail because the length of time I guess for not turning myself in. I don't know if that had anything to do with it, but it is paid. So I am happy with your answer. Thank you!