Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

My 21 yr. old son two years ago spray painted some traffic

Customer Question
signs and walls on Maui...
My 21 yr. old son two years ago spray painted some traffic signs and walls on Maui. He got arrested and confessed. He has court tomorrow and is being charged with a felony. What is the worst possible penalty and the lightest he could get.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/3/2009
Criminal Lawyer: JB Umphrey, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

There are a lot of different unknown variables. A solid course of action is to hire a decent criminal defense attorney in the area.

At the first court date, the exact charges and maximum possible sentences will be read.

There will be three tasks for your son's attorney:

1. Get the discovery/evidence that the prosecutor has and intends to use against your son.

2. Try to plea bargain the felony down to a misdemeanor.

3. See if there's a way to work out a plea bargain where your son's case is put on a diversion track and is "non-public" at the successful completion of any probation.

Good luck and best wishes! I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer