Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

arressted in 2004 for $30 of cocaine & drug paraphnalia. compounded

Customer Question
things by giving false id...
arressted in 2004 for $30 of cocaine & drug paraphnalia. compounded things by giving false id to state trooper. was found out in 2006 however i was living in Illinois. bench warrant was issued in 2006 for failure to appear. now residing in PA agian and wish to resolve before being picked up on a traffic stop. Just completed assoc. degree. should i just turn myself in or obtain a lawyer frist.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/3/2009
Criminal Lawyer: AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney replied 8 years ago
AlexiaEsq.
AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney

Dear ripp,

Thank you for your question and I look forward to working on your answer. Please keep in mind that I can only respond to your post and the information contained in it, as I do not know what you know unless you describe it fully. Also, due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so I apologize in advance if I ask a redundant question.

That being said, in order to better assist you, could you please clarify for me:

I assume there are two sets of charges pending now, the drug charges and also the false id charges? Are they our of Illinois? If not, what state? Also, do you have the specific statutes you are being charged with?

I look forward to getting to work on this for you. Hang in there!

Sincerely,

Stephanie O. Joy, JA Legal Expert

Please note: A times there can be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break. In addition, if it is late at night, EST, and we are between postings, I may go get some shut eye, but I'll be back the next day, so never fear. On Saturday, there will be greater gaps in time due to scheduling, for any needed follow up, but rest assured, by day's end it will be done.

charges are out of pennsylvania which i am now residing in again.                                          ;                                          statutes are   s 18 s4101 ssa2 forgery- unauthorized act in writing               ;                                                             s 35 s780-113 ssa16        s 35 s780-113 ssa32          s 18s4904 ssa2      s18 s4906 ssa     s18 s4914 ssa     s 75 s4524 ssa s 75 s1543 ssa

Dear ripp,

You have felonies and misdemeanors in here in addition to a fugitive status. You can be looking at some very significant prison time. The 4101 is a 2nd degree felony as it is. (4904 and 4906, 4914 - misdemeanors). You are definitely going to want a have a criminal defense attorney represent you on the charges to best ensure you succeed in getting the best result - by not using one BEFORE you turn yourself in, you can significantly damage your own future case, be it by saying things you shouldn't, or otherwise failing to do something that could have helped later on. Moreover, you have a better chance of decent bail if you use an attorney, and can better ensure that you don't spend time initially waiting in jail until that first appearance. Please do NOT trust or believe what the DA say about "possible dropping of charges or bail" if you turn yourself in within 72 hours. Yes, I think you should turn yourself in, but 200% think it in your best interest to do so with a criminal defense attorney watching your back. So to answer your question, Lawyer First, please. Things can get much worse, very fast, without one.

Dear

Thank you for your question and I look forward to assisting you. That being said...

Hope this helps to clarify.

I believe I have answered your question and I hope you a better understanding of your legal issue as a result. As you know, I am only the messenger and can not create favorable law if it doesn't exist, so please don't hold it against me if the legal result is not what you wish. If your question was in fact answered appropriately please click the GREEN "ACCEPT" button NOW, in order that it be recognized as such and I receive credit for my work from the company. Your promptness is greatly appreciated. In addition, Positive "FEEDBACK" and BONUSES are also appreciated. If you need additional related follow up on this particular question afterwards, don't hesitate to Reply and I'm happy to help you. And if you would like my assistance in the future, just put my name, STEPHANIE JOY, in your title or first sentence of post. Please keep in mind that I can only respond to your post and the information contained in it, as I do not know what you know unless you describe it fully. Also, due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so I apologize in advance if it means more interactions between us. At times, there can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break, or if it is late at night, I may have to go get some shut eye til morning, but rest assured, I'll be back for you. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Stephanie Joy

My Standard and Required Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me here is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice and you agree that the nominal price you may pay for information here clearly does not pay for any legal advice. I am neither establishing nor accepting an attorney-client relationship with you. You must hire an attorney in your state as a matter of law, in order to receive legal advise and attorney/client relationship and rights. I do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided or whose law would apply, if any. My licensing credentials are noted in my profile, which you have full access to. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate and complete information. Thank you and have a great day.

AlexiaEsq.
AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
AlexiaEsq.
AlexiaEsq.
AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney