How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What can i do to help my friemd. I feel helpless I need to

Customer Question

What can i do to help my friemd. I feel helpless I need to do something. He turned himslef in and know what/ His family wife newborn and child live here now work here will they let him serve his penalty here?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 8 years ago.



i need clarification. is he on parole in utah and left the state ? has he been picked up on a recall warrant for leaving the state?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes and he turned himself in where he lives now was not picked up did it on his own to get established here with his family. Now I want to help but dont know how what him to be able to stay and do whatever punishment here so his wife and kids can visit him dont know what he will get for leaving,
Expert:  Samuel II replied 8 years ago.



if he left the state of Utah without the benefit of an interstate compact - then Utah is bringing him back - they actually have no choice. but what you can do is get as many letters as possible written to the utah parole board stating why he left, who he was living with, where he was working, etc - they will look at those letters and take them into consideration. the utah parole board can and more than likely will revoke his parole - i wont sugar coat this for you - leaving the state without permission is a very serious violation. but the letters will help him with any good conduct credits that he has which can be applied toward reducing his sentence. it gets complicated. he can also have an attorney/public defender present at his revocation hearing - the hearing will be held in utah because they have jurisdiction.