How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 117358
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been getting harrassed via e-mails for 2 years, I have

Resolved Question:

I have been getting harrassed via e-mails for 2 years, I have a lot of info pointing to a person, recently a common friend told me that they know I am online a lot, when I asked how he told me if you have an AOL account it is easy to see, I am assuming she using the buddylist
I recall my PI doing a background check on this person and she has an AOL account listed to I put her name in my buddy list and sure enough she logged in and there was a message (one can leave messages i.e I am away etc) saying
ginger(not the real name) is watching.....
and there have a been a couple more
I took a screen shot of this.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
It is harassing electronic communications, a form of stalking, and you need to save them and make printouts of the emails with the electronic headers (containing the IP address) and contact the police to file a complaint against the person. Electronic communications harassment can be a felony charge so you need to file the complaint and have it investigated. The police may need to take your harddrive image to verify the sender of the emails to issue a warrant.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thanks for the reply I have many headers and IP directing to her former home in the US, her former employer, her current employer (she works as a civilian on a military base in Germany) she claims all her IP were hijacked, how can I proof her wrong?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
You cannot prove her wrong, you can turn it over to the authorities and let them prove the locate of the IP. She may claim it was hijacked 1 time, but they will not believe more than once AND it is not believeable that someone hijacking her IP would be harassing you.

Law Educator, Esq. and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions