How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118201
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was thretened physically by a terminated contractor in my

Customer Question

I was thretened physically by a terminated contractor in my office today. it was non-provoked and I ama senior citien in the state og Florida. This was recorded by an office camera and several employees who had to restrain this individual who contiunued to threaten me from the outside door in the parking lot for over an hour while i called the police who forced him to leave with a trespass warrant. He threatened to stalk me and attack me after work. He brought his girlfriend with him and they both continued to harass me and refused to leave and cursed em both inside the office and from the parking lot. He and his girlfriend tried to extort money from me at the same time. Isn't there some way i can have him arrested for attempted assault and disturbing the peace and affecting my business, and harassment and libelous comments and driving away business and my employees. i recently had a heart bypass as well.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
It is up to the police to determine whether or not to charge someone with a crime based upon the evidence presented, if you presented them with evidence of assault and asked for assault charges to be brought, you would first go to speak to the supervisor of the officer and provide the evidence and that you want to press charges for assault. If the supervisor will not help, then you would need to go to the DA's office and present them with the evidence, since the DA has the ultimate decision on who, what, when and how to charge someone with a crime.

As far as their behavior, you can also file suit aginst them for their conduct in your business, the disturbing the peace and the damage caused to your business and seek a restraining order against both of them to stay away from your business and your person.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”