How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hammer O'Justice Your Own Question
Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4500
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Hammer O'Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was arrested in 1988 in Pennsylvania. I served 180 days and

Resolved Question:

I was arrested in 1988 in Pennsylvania. I served 180 days and after pleading guilty for a lesser charge I was released on parole. I jumped parole before completing it. I completly changed my life and finished college, obtained a nursing degree. For applying a state nursing licence I obtained my record of conviction. With my record I received a letter notifying me that a bench warrant hasd been issued against me. I would like to resolve this case. What steps should I take? I am not wealthy enough to retain a top class legal representation. ( I am without a job, on food stamps and medicaid)Any advice?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 8 years ago.

You should contact the parole board in Pennsylvania to request that the parole retake warrant be quashed and that your case be set in for a hearing. Then see if you can secure representation through the public defender or legal aid. It is highly unlikely that you would get sentenced to jail time for a case that is 20 years old, but it helps to have representation just in case.
Hammer O'Justice and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you