How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask xavierjd Your Own Question
xavierjd, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3400
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience in prosecution and defense work
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
xavierjd is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I currently have a warrant for my arrest in Broward County

Resolved Question:

I currently have a warrant for my arrest in Broward County Florida for a parole violations. How can resolve this without returning to Florida?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  xavierjd replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for using


Unfortunately, you can't resolve the parole violations without returning to Florida.


If you are stopped by an officer, or are asked for your identification by an officer in any state, and there is a warrant for your arrest for parole violations resulting from a state court conviction, you may be arrested. If so, the state of Florida would have to pay to extradite you back to the state of Florida to answer the warrant. Depending on the crime for which you were convicted, and the type of violations, they may extradite you, and they may not.


If your warrant is for a federal parole violation, it is more likely that you may either be arrested at your home, or anywhere by a federal marshall and returtned to the state of Florida. Even if arrested at a traffic stop, a federal parole violation will probably end you back in the state of Florida.



You may wish to contact an attorney who specializes in criminal law. You can contact your local bar association for a referral. It will probably give you 2 or 3 names. You can contact the attorney(s) for a telephone consultation, or ask to set up an appointment to discuss the specific facts of your case. Sometimes, these consultations are free.

I hope that you find this information useful, and that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I may receive credit for answering your question. Positive feedback, although not required is always appreciated. Also, a BONUS is also not required but is greatly appreciated.

Legal Disclaimer: The answer provided herein is for informational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice. The information, research and opinions set forth above are limited to the facts presented in the question and no guarantee is made regarding the adequacy or accuracy of the answer. The answer provided does not infer or imply the establishment or acceptance of any attorney-client relationship. No claim is made that I am licensed to practice law in the state or jurisdiction where this information is being provided and you should always seek legal counsel admitted to practice in your local jurisdiction for representation and advice on any legal matter.


Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It is not an extraditable offense, DUI conviction
Expert:  xavierjd replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for the clarification.


If you get pulled over, you will probably, at most only advised of the Florida warrant. That doesn't mean that you can't be stopped and arrested for other charges.


If you have renewed or obtained new drivers license, then the old DUI may not show up when your driver's record is run. However, that doesn't mean that the warrant has gone away. In some jurisdictions the warrant may be good for 25 years, and in some jurisdictions it may be valid for more.


You may, at some point, want to clear the warrant and get it out of your life.


I hope yo find this information useful and that you press the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON. This is for informational purposes only, and does not replace the advice or assistance of an attorney licensed to practice law in your jurisdiction.




Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Can probation be transferred to Texas?
Expert:  xavierjd replied 8 years ago.

Probation can be transferred......BUT ONLY if the Florida Court (probation) allows the transfer AND the applicable Texas Court accepts the transfer. The Florida Probation Department (if they allow the transfer) can help facilitate the transfer to Texas (if it accepts it).


Thanks. I hope that this answers your question.

xavierjd and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you