Criminal Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified criminal lawyer who will answer your question

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer

More related answers
All criminal lawyers are VERIFIED
I shoplifted from harps grocery store in fortsmith ,ar first
P. Simmons, Lawyer
I shoplifted from harps grocery store in fortsmith ,ar first offense I was not caught at the door just learned 5 days later that I have a warrant? I was so stupid I can't believe I did that !! But now… read more
Is there a Statue of limations for a shoplifting charge 18
Curtis Staropoli, Esq
Curtis Staropoli, Esq, Principal and Managing Attorney
Is there a Statue of limations for a shoplifting charge 18 years ago 100 miles away from where i live? I was stooped in a closer county this summer and the police told them not to hold me.I have ciros… read more
Stupidly, shoplifted $35 from grocery store earlier today.
Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
Stupidly, shoplifted $35 from grocery store earlier today. Court in month. Orange County, Florida. NEVER did before and no record of any type for anything. 69 years old. Attorney needed? No reason but… read more
Hello, I was caught shoplifting and go to court this Tuesday.
Ellen, Attorney
Hello, I was caught shoplifting and go to court this Tuesday. About $40.00 from a grocery store. First time offense. What is my best course of action and what should I expect? sn… read more
I shoplifted a $15 item from a Target store in Michigan. I
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
I shoplifted a $15 item from a Target store in Michigan. I don't think anyone was watching me or following me, but when I left the store the door alarm went off. No one detained me and I got in my car… read more
I was citied for shoplifting about 550 dollars in items in
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
I was citied for shoplifting about 550 dollars in items in a department store. I returned all the items back. They called the police I gave the officer all me information, he let me go. I do not have … read more
I was caught shoplifting in Utah. I switched tags on 2 meat
xavierjd
xavierjd, Juris Doctor
I was caught shoplifting in Utah. I switched tags on 2 meat items. The difference was about 9 dollars. The police were called and I was given a citation for a class B misdemeanor. I have a court date … read more
Can a store charge you with shoplifting if you were not detained at th
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
I did a major stupid move, and tried to shoplift an item at a local store. I had removed the item from it's packaging, and thrown it away in a trash can in the restroom. After that I noticed a store e… read more
I was caught shoplifting last night from a grocery store. I
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
I was caught shoplifting last night from a grocery store. I was not arrested and the cops were not notified at all. The security officer said that the information of the incident will not be given to … read more
I was at a Academy Sports Department Store in Dallas, TX,
Hammer O\u0027Justice
Hammer O\u0027Justice, Attorney
I was at a Academy Sports Department Store in Dallas, TX, where I live, and shoplifted a few items. I put them in my purse while in the dressing room. I left the dressing room and exited the store, th… read more
Hi! I am running a grocery store. I witnessed a lady putting
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
Hi! I am running a grocery store. I witnessed a lady putting some item from the into HER handbag and called the police but police let her go without anything saying I can not prove that she intended t… read more
I took 2 items that totaled approx. $7.00 30 years ago in a
Legalease
Legalease, Attorney At Law
I took 2 items that totaled approx. $7.00 30 years ago in a grocery store for my children. I was arrested and paid a fine of $65 misdemeanor. It's the only thing I should have with the Police ever on … read more
I live in Riverside County, CA. My 14 yr old daughter was
Hammer O\u0027Justice
Hammer O\u0027Justice, Attorney
I live in Riverside County, CA. My 14 yr old daughter was caught shoplifting while I was in another dept of the store; we were both arrested. I did not think I would a lawyer, went to court alone and … read more
walmart 1/29/09 I had switched tags on a couple of items in
Hammer O\u0027Justice
Hammer O\u0027Justice, Attorney
walmart 1/29/09 I had switched tags on a couple of items in this store. I went threw the check stand where I paid for all items but at a reduced price. before leaving the store I was met by two securi… read more
I am in my 30s living in Southern California. I was ...
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
I am in my 30s living in Southern California. I was arrested for shoplifting an item that was on sale $20 (original price $50). I am so scared. I don''t know why I did such a stupid thing. I have two … read more
I was caught shoplifting a $22 item from CVS. When stopped
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
I was caught shoplifting a $22 item from CVS. When stopped outside the store I gave back the item DID NOT go back inside or give my ID. He took down the license plate of my car which is not registered… read more
I got a speeding ticket about 4 months ago in Georgia where
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
I got a speeding ticket about 4 months ago in Georgia where I used to live. The ticket was over about 24-30 miles over the speed limit. I was pulled over with another person, and NO we we're not racin… read more
I live in fla, im on tape taking items from a store, this is
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney & Counselor
I live in fla, im on tape taking items from a store, this is my 1st time it was 38.00 worth of things, they charge me with retail theft, n I didn't go 2 jail they have me a court date, I don't hve mon… read more